· Avoid sleeping pills and other drugs that make you sleepy or affect the brain.
· Home safety issues. Install good lighting and handrails. Remove loose mats, cords and other objects from the floor. Replace worn carpets. Repair cracked or uneven paths. Consider a home safety assessment by an Occupational Therapist.
· Cataract surgery if your vision is impaired.
· Keep your bones strong. Are you having sufficient calcium and vitamin D?
· Hip protectors (firm pads worn over the hips) help prevent hip fractures.
· Consider comfortable flat shoes with non-slip soles, a walking stick and personal alarm.
· Avoid bifocal or multifocal glasses.