Summer barbecues can be so much more than a fatty snag and a burnt steak. Amaze your friends with this easy and delicious recipe, containing only 3.6 g of fat per serve!
500 g chicken breast fillets, cubed and placed on 12 skewers
4 cups cooked Basmati rice
1 orange peeled, seeded, pureed
2 teaspoons chopped coriander
2 tablespoons thick soy marinade
50 g low-fat natural yoghurt
1/2 salad onion, thinly sliced
1/2 red capsicum, sliced
1 roma tomato, diced
8 asparagus spears
2 mangoes, peeled and cubed
1. Blend marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Marinate chicken skewers in marinade paste for 1 hour (refrigerated). Drain and reserve marinade.
3. Place chicken skewers onto a hot grill and cook for 3-4 minutes, brush with marinade and then turn and cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Pack rice into a cup or small mould to give it shape and turn out onto each plate.
5. Arrange skewers over rice and decorate with diced tomato, capsicum and mango and finally, asparagus spears.
Recipe from Gutbusters: Low-Fat Barbecues, by Garry Egger, Julie Albrecht.
Please note this information was correct at time of printing.
For up to date information, speak to your doctor.