Olive and coriander lamb patties with cumin
750g lean minced lamb
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tabelspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, quartered
2 cloves garlic, peeled
8 stoned green olives
1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tablespoon ground cumin
12 thin slices wholemeal bread, toasted
1. Combine lamb and lemon juice in a bowl, mix well and refrigerate 1 hour.
2. Preheat barbecue to moderately high.
3. Drain meat in a colander and squeeze to remove excess moisture. Combine onion, garlic and olives in a processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add to the meat, together with oil, coriander, parsley and cumin. Season with pepper and knead gently until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Shape mixture into12 patties, about 2 tablespoons each.
4. Spray barbecue rack with cooking spray and cook patties until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
5. Serve with wholemeal bread.
From: Heart Foundation BBQ & Grill Cookbook
RRP: $24.95. From bookshops or www.smhshop.com.au.
Please note this information was correct at time of printing.
For up to date information, speak to your doctor.Source: Summer 2009 Edition | Page 2
Email to a friend Printer Friendly Version
Search all articles
Search topics by A-Z
Search by keywords