Ingredients (Serves 4)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion, sliced
2 cups cooked sweet potato, peeled and sliced thinly
440 g can or 1 cup sweet corn kernels, cooked
2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
60 grams reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
125 ml skim milk
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 1900 C. Use oil to grease a large baking dish.
2. Cook onion and sweet potato in the microwave for 3 minutes on high. Add broccoli and microwave for a further 2 minutes.
3. Layer the baking dish with half the sweet potato, top with corn, broccoli, onion and remaining sweet potato.
4. Whisk eggs, milk, and black pepper. Pour over the vegetables.
5. Top with grated cheese.
6. Bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes or until firm in the centre.
Variation: Substitute with 5 cups of leftover cooked vegies.
Recipe from the Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia, 2006 reproduced with permission.
Please note this information was correct at time of printing.
For up to date information, speak to your doctor.