Poorly prepared poultry is a common cause of food poisoning each Christmas. Follow these rules to avoid the 'turkey trots':
1. Thaw the turkey in the fridge, not at room temperature.
2. Avoid contact between raw turkey and other foods in storage and preparation.
3. Carefully wash your hands and equipment before preparation.
4. Cook the turkey right through.
5. Keep piping hot before serving.
6. Always return leftovers to the fridge within 2 hours.
Please note this information was correct at time of printing.
For up to date information, speak to your doctor.Source: Summer 2004 Edition | Page 3
Email to a friend Printer Friendly Version