A spacer is a plastic chamber designed to hold spray from an asthma puffer before it is breathed in. However, the plastic material readily develops a 'static electricity' charge which causes the medicine to stick to the inner walls of the chamber, making it less effective.
To prevent this, wash your spacer in kitchen detergent and water at least once a month and leave it to drip dry without rinsing. Do not use a cloth to dry as this can produce more static electricity.
Please note this information was correct at time of printing.
For up to date information, speak to your doctor.Source: Autumn 2002 Edition | Page 3
Email to a friend Printer Friendly Version