In most circumstances a repeat prescription will not be given unless you have visited the practice in the last week. Patients requiring Authority Scripts must organise an appointment.
REFERRAL TO SPECIALISTS
To ensure the best management of your care, we like to discuss your condition before referring you to a specialist. You may request a particular specialist of your choice.
Please note that we are not permitted by law to back-date specialist referrals, so please ensure that you have a current referral before you see the specialist.
Medical certificates are legal documents. They are available only if you present for consultation with one of our doctors. We cannot issue Certificates without you actually seeing the doctor and we are not permitted to issue Certificates retrospectively.
Test results cannot be given over the telephone unless prior arrangements have been made with your doctor. Test results are an important part of your medical care and may need explanation. To avoid any misunderstanding and to allow for discussion of abnormal results, please make an appointment to see your doctor. Test results will only be given to the patient and not to other family members.
This practice is committed to maintaining confidentiality of your of your personal health information. Your medical record is a confidential document.
It is the policy of this practice to maintain security of personal health information at all times, and to ensure that this information is available to authorised members of staff.
To properly assess, diagnose, treat and be proactive in your health care needs, we require you to provide us with your personal details and a full medical history.
Access your own Health Records
• Access to your own health records can be initiated by signing up to e-health, via ‘mygov’ website.
• By requesting a summary in Person
• A signed request (available from reception)
Need your test results?
We have 3 convenient ways you can do this
• You can book an appointment to speak to your Doctor, (If just for results appointment will be bulk billed).
• If the doctor has reviewed your results and not needing to discuss with you, you may collect a copy from reception.
• Due to privacy concerns, we do not encourage results to be given out over the phone or social media.
• If your results are abnormal, you will be contacted on the telephone at least twice. On failing that, reception will send a letter advising you of the need to see your Doctor to discuss your results.
Our practice is committed to preventative care. Your doctor will seek your permission to be included on our reminder system. We may issue with a reminder notice from time to time offering you preventative health services appropriate to your care. If you do not wish to be part of this system, please let your doctor or reception know.
COMPLAINTS AND SUGGESTION
If you have a problem, we would like to hear about it. Please feel free to talk to your doctor or our practice manager, Ben. You may prefer to write to us or use our suggestion box. We take your concerns, suggestions and complaints seriously.
If you wish to take the matter outside the practice, you can contact:
Health and Disability Services Complaints Office (08) 65517600.
THIS PRACTICE HAS A NO SMOKING POLICY
Please ask us if you would like some help to quit.