Our Consultant Pharmacist
Ms Uyen Dinh
Clinical Consultant Pharmacist
BPharm, AACPa, MPS, Accredited QPIP Immunisation
Uyen is accredited to provide Home Medication Review (HMR) for patients in their homes.
Home Medication Review services are Bulk Billed for ALL Medicare card holders, and can be arranged through our doctors. HMRs may benefit a wide range of patients, from those who have difficulty managing or understanding their medications & health conditions, to those who want to optimise/improve their current medication & health management.
Since becoming a community pharmacist in 1995, in addition to medicines & chronic/acute illnesses, she has extensive experience & training in Complementary medicines, Nutrition, lifestyle/preventative health, as well as general Infant health (including nutrition & breastfeeding).
She advocates for the Biopsychosocial approach to healthcare – integrating the physical, psychological & social factors of each patient, through Health Coaching & patient education.
– Home Medication Reviews to optimise medication use/management
– Health Coaching
– Patient education
– Safe use of Complementary medicines & alternative therapies
– Mental Health
– Chronic Pain, Chronic Disease management
– Infant Health, nutrition/breastfeeding, facilitating Mother’s group
– Nutrition, Lifestyle medicine & Preventative Health
– Health/Wellness workshops
What is a Home Medication Review or HMR?
A Home Medication Review is a service provided by an accredited Consultant Pharmacist, to improve the patient’s medication therapy and health management.
This GP referred service is Bulk Billed for all Medicare card holders.
The accredited Pharmacist visits the patient in their home, and reviews all the patient’s medications, medical history, and diet/lifestyle factors, to not only ensure that the medications are taken/used as prescribed, but to also check the accuracy of the patient’s medical/medication records. All this information is necessary for the pharmacist to make the most appropriate recommendations to the GP.
Recommendations may include (but not limited to), increasing/reducing/stopping/replacing or adding a medication, referral to other Allied Health professional/s, dietary/lifestyle modification, daily living aids, or social support.
During the visit, the accredited Pharmacist can answer any questions that the patient may have, regarding their health, provide additional patient education, reiterate instructions/information that may have been missed since the diagnosis or since the medicine was originally prescribed. Immediate/urgent issues (incorrect use or any misinterpretation) of medication/therapy can often be corrected during the visit.
Who might benefit from a HMR?
Home Medication Reviews (HMR) are important for high risk patients such as those:
- taking multiple medications
- who have multiple conditions
- taking medications with high risk side effect profile
- who are confused or have cognitive impairment
- who require assistance with managing their medicines/health conditions
- who have recently been admitted to hospital
- who regularly take complementary or OTC medications
- who’s symptom control is not optimal
- who are seeing a number of doctors or health care professionals
- who have fragmented health records or health care
HMRs benefit a wide range of patients, and are not limited to high risk patients. HMRs also benefit those who want to optimise, improve or have a better understanding of their current medication & health management.
If you think that, you, or someone you know, may benefit from a HMR, please speak to one of our Doctors.