Scientists have finally put to rest the myth that the mercury in dental fillings is toxic.
After 6 years of consideration, the US FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has concluded that the amount of mercury in amalgam fillings is not high enough to cause any harm.
That is good news to people wondering if they should have their fillings replaced!
Source: Health Update, 11 September 2009
- Please note this information was correct at time of publication.
- For up to date information, speak to your doctor.